We Will Feast in the House Of Zion

Yesterday I was desperately missing Isabella, my mom, and the feeling that I had some semblance of control in my life. I unexpectedly started work three weeks early this year at a new school. I received a call on a Tuesday saying I was being moved to a new school. The school I had been at for almost five years will now be receiving speech and language therapy via teletherapy. Therapists at my new location needed to report to work Wednesday. So less than fourteen hours after I learned I was assigned to a new site, I showed up at work.

The new school has a different population than I've worked with the last several years since it is a district center for students with autism. I think I will love my students here as I have at other schools, but it's a huge transition. 

While at church yesterday, I felt weighed down with grief, loss, and was overwhelmed with adjusting to work. As we sang, "We Will Feast in the House of Zion," I found myself crying with the knowledge that this life is not the end of the story. The chorus reminded me of truths, "We will sing with our hearts restored. He has done great things, we will say together. We will feast and weep no more." 

As I stood there, I could not truly imagine having a restored heart. Mine feels battered by anguish, bruised by loss, and marred by grief. Yet, my heart will be made new in heaven, not just restored. 

I can already attest that God "has done great things." Beautiful things I never dreamed of and hard things that I would not have chosen yet have displayed his might in ways I never could have imagined. 

One day, "we will feast and weep no more." At this moment, the feast is not as hard to comprehend as no longer weeping. 

As the song cries, I know the dark of night and preach to myself, "my soul, do not be afraid." As I wait for the dawn, I call out "oh how long?" All the while, asking God for strength. Strength to continue persevering in hope, strength to trust he is who he says he is, strength to believe he will use me at my new school to help these students, and strength as I wait on him.



We Will Feast in the House Of Zion

We will feast in the house of Zion
We will sing with our hearts restored
He has done great things, we will say together
We will feast and weep no more

We will not be burned by the fire
He is the LORD our God
We are not consumed, by the flood
Upheld, protected, gathered up (Chorus)

In the dark of night, before the dawn
My soul, be not afraid
For the promised morning, oh how long?
Oh God of Jacob, be my strength (Chorus)

Every vow we’ve broken and betrayed
You are the Faithful one
And from the garden to the grave
Bind us together, bring shalom. (Chorus)

© 2015 Written by Sandra McCracken and Joshua Moore

Comments

Popular Posts